Monday, September 30, 2013

Open House at the Chapel


Dear Everyone!

Well, it sounds like everyone at home is staying busy with work and activities. It's good to hear that everything is going great. Everything down here in the south side is going great too! 

To answer your questions dad, açai is a type of berry that they have here in Brazil that they use to make pretty much the best frozen yogurt I've ever had in my life.  Seriously soooo goood!  The temple session was good, it wasn't that weird doing it in Portuguese, and YES I got to see Elder Watt.  It was an awesome father-son reunion.  He's serving in a city called Santo André right now, which isn't in my zone.  Elder Steil is doing well.  We started doing a routine where we are only allowed to speak English in the house and Portuguese in the streets, so we can both help each other out.  My Portuguese is still coming along.  I can pretty much understand everything and I can almost say everything I want to say. 

Our investigators are all doing well.  All of them are progressing really well, and are making great strides towards baptism.  For example, we have this investigator, Eliene, who has a strong testimony of the Book of Mormon, but her struggle right now is with smoking.  She set a goal to stop smoking by yesterday, so we are going to be following up with a visit today or tomorrow.  Just make sure to keep her in your prayers as she tries to fight this addiction.  

This week was also really cool for us because we had an open house at our chapel all day Saturday. The day started out with me teaching English class, and then right after the class ended, the students all went around on a tour of the chapel.  The members were so good and helped them all feel comfortable and welcome.  We didn't have that many people show up other than the people who were there for English class, but those who did show up were really interested and we were able to set up appointments to visit some of them later this week. 

Sorry that this letter was kind of short, but I'm running out of time, and I still need to write President Tanner.  I just want you all to know that I love you all, and I love this work, and I know that it is truly the Lord's work.  I know that if we have faith in Him and confide in Him, that everything will be all right.  Until next week!

Love,
Elder Schwartz

No comments:

Post a Comment