Monday, September 23, 2013

Celestial Zone

World's Greatest Zone according to Elder Nate Schwartz

Dear Everyone!

Wow, Pops, it sure sounds like it was a busy week.  It is great to hear that Mom is feeling well, and that's pretty big news about Phil going to Colorado -- it must have been a pretty big flood because lots of people down here are talking about it too.  Sad to hear that the sports teams aren't doing too hot -- that darn U of U........

Well, this week was a pretty strange one for Elder Sandoval and I -- there were lots of really awesome things that happened, but also lots and lots of walking.  The 18th of September is the day of Chile's independence, and basically the whole country shuts down for a week, and no one works and everyone vacations and barbeques.  SO, that being said, lots of people left town or were too busy to visit with the missionaries.  So, Elder Sandoval and I spent lots of time in the streets, but it's okay, not every week can be perfect.  

Even though we spent a lot of time in the street, lots of cool stuff happened, too.  One of them being the Zone Conference with Elder Zeballos, which was AWESOME.  We all took a picture with him and shook his hand, and I got to sit on the stand with him because Elder Sandoval was conducting the meeting.  Elder Zeballos and his wife gave AWESOME talks, and of course President and Hna Wright did a stellar job, too.  Hna Zeballos talked about how we need to be the missionaries that, when we get called to change areas, the ward we're leaving gets mad at President Wright for taking us out.  Basically, that we need to be outgoing, and that we need to have missionary enthusiasm and energy, because it's contagious!  She was really funny and a way good speaker.  Elder Zeballos talked to us about the importance of "Love" in missionary work -- that love needs to be what drives us.  We had the conference on the 18th (Independence Day), so we had a big lunch after the conference, too.  It was cool because I got to see four of the elders from my district from the MTC!  

Claudio and his mother are both doing great.  We woke up early on Sunday and walked to church with them.  They stayed for the whole three hours meeting block, and loved it.  On Sunday we also had a baptism, well.... the baptism of the daughter of one of our investigators.  Her name is Martina, and she is eight years old, and we are teaching her mom as well.  It was way cool because I got to take part in the confirmation.  I'll be sure to attach some photos from the service.

Martina's Baptism

On Saturday I had to do something that I have never done before.....cleaning inspections!  Since this past week was the last week of the transfer (Elder Sandoval and I are staying together, by the way...... Elder Schade (zone leader from his last area) got called as the new Assistant -- SO EXCITED),  We dedicated four hours of our Friday to deep clean the apartments and then on Saturday the Zone Leaders (us) go to all of the pensions (apartments) to inspect them, and it's so funny how they rank the inspections.  If the pension is in ship-shape it gets the marking "Celestial", if it is alright, it's "Terrestrial" and if it's bad it gets the marking "telestial"  Ahahaha!  Fortunately, the majority of the apartments in our zone got celestial.

Elder Sandoval and Schwartz in their clean apartment

ALSO, It turns out one of my best buddies out here in the zone is Todd Baer's cousin!  How cool is that!  His name is Elder Bushman and he is a total stud, I'll send a pic of us together.

With Elder Bushman (Elder Todd Baer's cousin)

Anyways, that was basically the past week in a nutshell.  I am so thankful to be here in this sector with Elder Sandoval.  I am loving the Tobalaba life.  I know that Andrew and I are doing the Lord's work.  I know that the Church is true and I know that the doorway to that knowledge is the Book of Mormon, and like I said a couple weeks back I am in the process of reading it again.  I'm about halfway through the Isaiah chapters of 2nd Nephi, and every time I pick it up, I learn something new, and my testimony of its truthfulness grows stronger and stronger.  I am so thankful for that.
Thank you so much for your love and support.  I am really looking forward to hearing from you again nexct week.

with much love,

Elder Schwartz

No comments:

Post a Comment