Sunday, May 5, 2013

MTC P-Day, Finally....


An e-mail from Elder Andrew Schwartz was finally received.  Why it took so long is explained in his note below.  He can be contacted by snail mail, DearElder.com, or e-mail (info below):

Elder Andrew Schwartz
MTC Box 127
BRA-SPS 0603
2005 N.  900 E.
Provo, UT  84604

Info for DearElder.com
Box 127
Departure date:  June 3, 2013
Brazil Sao Paolo South Misson

E-mail:  andrew.schwartz@myldsmail.net


Here is his first e-mail home:


Ola familia!
Como vai?
 
I AM SO SORRY THAT I WROTE THAT MY P-DAY WAS ON TUESDAY!!!! So, our branch president told us to write home telling you all that I made it to the MTC.  When I wrote it, our schedule said that our P-day was on Tuesday, but then on Monday there was a schedule change for our branch and our P-day got moved from Tuesday to Friday.  Our district has been here for over a week and we FINALLY have our P-day, so I'm sorry if you thought that I purposely didn't write you guys on Tuesday.  Everything went perfect getting to the MTC.  Devin picked me up, we got food, met up with people, and he and Cindy dropped me off as my surrogate parents.  So I'm sure you guys all want to know about my companierho. His name is Elder Bond and he's from Houston, Texas.  He was homeschooled, and was a swimmer, and he is a great companion.  He and everyone else in my district are all going to Sao Paulo South, except one companionship is going Sao Paulo Interlagos mission.  My district is awesome!  I just love them!  So Brother Willardson (Phil's friend, Tay) is not my teacher, but I have seen him a few times around here.  I have two teachers, Irmao Dodge and Irmao Hodson.  They are great teachers!!!  Irmao Hodson wasn't our teacher at the beginning though.  On the first Friday we were here, we had our first lesson in Portuguese and Irmao Hodson was our investigator.  We taught him almost everyday until yesterday, and now he is finally our teacher.  It was weird at first because we only knew him as "Goberto" and we never heard him speak English before, but he is a phenomenal teacher.  We knew that he was gonna be our teacher while he was our investigator, so it wasn't a huge surprise.
I've seen so many people I know here it's weird.  Elder Mehl (roommate from BYU) is in my branch, so I see him pretty much every day.  I saw Elder (Mitchell) Wilson a couple times before he left (for San Antonio), so I have a few pictures that I'll try to figure out how to send.  I've seen Elder Nawahine (other roommate from BYU), Elder Johnson (friend from EFY), and I saw Matt Bell too!!! I've been looking for cousin Kelly but I don't know if she still works security here or not.
 
It sounds like everything is going well at home. I loved the cookies that I got from Mamacita and the Dear Elders I've been getting. I just want to give a shout out to cousin Cindy!  Everyday I've been here I've either gotten one or more letter from her and she always gives me some little thought or scripture to help me with my day!  BEST COUSIN AWARD!!!  I just love getting dear elders (hint, hint) even if it is just a simple message. Hmm what else? So apparently there's this line of thinking within our branch (all missionaries going to Brazil) that none of us are going to get our visas and that we're going to all be reassigned to a stateside mission until we get them, but I have a feeling that mine is coming around the corner, and I'll be in Brazil in no time!!!  Well, I'm running out of time but I just want you all to know that I love and miss you guys, and you are all in my thoughts and prayers!!!
 
Til next Friday,
Elder Schwartz
 
P.S. MY BRANCH PRESIDENT SAID THAT EVERYONE CAN EMAIL ME!!! FRIENDS AND FAMILY!!!! SO SEND ME A MESSAGE!!! andrew.schwartz@myldsmail.net


 


No comments:

Post a Comment