Friday, December 6, 2013

Thanksgiving Feast -- Chilean Style!



Thanksgiving Feast
Looks pretty yummy! 
Dear Family and Friends.....

I know you arent going to like this, but this is going to be a really really short email...... We tried out this new cyber cafe closer to our apartment, and it closes in 10 minutes........ Just my luck!

This past week was excellent, and it seems like yours was too.  Yes, we DID celebrate our Thanksgiving here -- a member of the bishobric and our ward mission leader got together and made us a feast in the chapel on Friday night to celebrate a late Thanksgiving, and it really was an amazing experience for all of us there.  We showed those Chileans how we do it up there in the States.  I'll be sure to attach a few photos.

This past week was a really stressful one for Elder Sercovich and me.  We had a lots of lessons failing, lots of time walking in the sun, contacting, everything.  We had a few really great lessons, and little daily miracles, though.  What I love about Elder Sercovich is that no matter what the circumstance is, he never gets down, he`s always walking with a smile and a joke, and that really helps me out a lot as a missionary -- not to get down either.

This upcoming week is going to be a very very busy one, and I am really excited for that.  Lots of meetings to attend and classes to teach, and I will be sure to give you all a much more detailed update on it this next week.

Its great to hear that Phil and Mom made it home safely, and thank you so much for the photos, i really love those.

Sorry for the shortness of the email, i just want you all to know that I love you, and that I know that the church is true, and that if we draw closer to the Lord through prayer and scripture study, He will draw closer to us as well.  I felt very thankful this Thanksgiving as i sat in the chapel thousands of miles away from home but still surrounded by people who love me and care for me.  I hope that you all have a great week.  

I love you all!

Elder Schwartz

Not all familiar fare, but looks awesome

Cupcakes!


No comments:

Post a Comment