Monday, December 16, 2013

Temple Visit and Ward Christmas Party

In front of the Sao Paulo Temple with Elder Despain from the MTC 
Address and Email -- send a Christmas Greeting to Elder Andrew Schwartz:

Elder Andrew Schwartz
Rua Dr. Luiz da Rocha Miranda
159, 8 Andar
Parque Jaabaquara
04344 - 010
São Paulo - SP;Brazil 

andrew.schwartz@myldsmail.net


Dear Everyone!

Thanks so much for the great letter!  I'm really excitied to talk to you guys this next week! I'm glad that everyone is doing well and staying busy. So the package that you guys sent has arrived, but unfortunately it got taken away by the government, and I'm gonna have to go to the mission office and fill out some paper work and pay a fee. (Dad says, "Oops!")  I'm just happy to know that at least it got here, because some of the other missionaries haven't been so lucky.

So this past week has been filled with so many activities, and it has gone by so fast that I can't believe that it's already Monday!  Like I mentioned last week, we got a chance to go to the temple this week, (we go every 3 months) and it was amazing as always.  It was good because I got to see a lot of old friends that are serving in other zones.  It was a really good way to start off the week.  Another cool thing that we did this week, was that the Sisters in São Caetano 2 set up a little sports night activity, and we went to help out and organize.  It turned out to be a really good and successful activity.  We are planning on doing another one this upcoming week, and everyone that went said they were going to bring all of their friends, so hopefully it will start to grow and we will be able to contact many new people to teach. 

This week we worked a lot with Diego's family and we worked a lot with Paula and Johnny.  We had a lot of really good lessons with each of them. We also went around this week and tried to invite everyone we could to our ward Christmas party. On Saturday we had English Class, and we also invited all of the students to the ward party, and they all showed up!  It was really sweet to see them all there.  When the party actually happened, it was a really good success. It was not only really fun, but it was also really spiritual. Some of the men from the ward gave an awesome presentation dressed up as sheperds from the time of Christ's birth, and gave a powerful message. 

Students from English class came to the ward Christmas party

Ward member dresses up as shepherds giving a Christmas message

Food, Glorious Food!

Well, I'm sorry that this letter is so short and I'm running out of time but I just want you all to know that I love you all and I know that the work that Nate and I are doing is the Lord's work.  Next week, I won't be able to email you guys because I'll be talking to you guys on Christmas and I am super excited!!!  Until the 25th!

Love,
Elder Schwartz   

No comments:

Post a Comment