Monday, December 9, 2013

Baptism of Nisi and Leticia


Nisi and Leticia's Baptismal Service.  Pres. and Sister Tanner were able to attend.
Dear Family!

Man, this week has been pretty rushed, but it was also very blessed. I'm sorry to hear about Uncle Neal (Stacy Moffitt's dad Neal Hopkins passed away this last week). He was always such a bright spirit and a kind man. I'm happy to know about the plan that God has for us, and the knowledge that we have that this life isn't the end, but that we all have the blessing to live with our families forever.  It's good to hear that you guys are staying busy, and that you guys are happy.

This week, like I said, has been pretty rushed. I got the chance to do a division with Elder Steil because we both had to go to a training for the district leaders, and I got a chance to do a division with Elder Dogget and work a little bit in their area. It's been pretty crazy, but I have learned SO MUCH this week.  I forgot how good of a missionary Elder Steil is, because when we were together, I could feel the power. It was also good because we already know how to teach with each other, and we're already good friends.  But what was really amazing was the training that we got from President Tanner and the Assistants.  I learned so so so much and I realized I have to repent and be a way better district leader.  It's not that I think I'm a terrible district leader but there's just so many things that I'm going to work on to help our district be the best district in the mission!

So, this week we focused a lot on preparing Nisi and Leticia for baptism so they would be super ready.  We had their baptism on Saturday, and it was probably one of the best experiences I've had on the mission.  Like all baptisms, it seemed like everything was going to go wrong.  We were late to fill up the font, and while we were having our baptism, the other ward was having a christmas party so we couldn't use the sacrament room. But as with all baptisms, everything also seemed to work out perfectly.  We had all the members help and pitch in as we started to fill up buckets with water and toss it in the font and we got a hose to help fill up the font faster.  All in all, everything went fantastic. President and Sister Tanner even showed up to our baptism and stayed there for the whole meeting.  It was an amazing experience and probably not one that I'm going to ever forget. 

After the baptism. We got to help out with the Christmas party for the other ward and we got to eat some really great brazillian barbeque.  Then on Sunday, it seemed like everything was going to go wrong again because Nisi wasn't there when the meeting started.  I got really nervous and started praying really hard until I got this calm, peaceful feeling that everything would be alright.  My prayers were answered as our Ward Mission Leader directed us to go out back and help Nisi into the sacrament room.  Nisi and Leticia were able to be confirmed and received the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Well, my time is running out, but I just want all of you to know that I know that this Church is true, and I love it out here, serving the people of Brazil. Tomorrow we get to go to the temple and I am super excited!   So, next week, expect some pictures.  I love you all and I hope everyone has a great week!

Love,
Elder Schwartz

Ward member helping to fill the baptismal font

Baptism

Elder Fernandes and Barbeque

Elder Schwartz and some great brazilian food

No comments:

Post a Comment