Monday, January 13, 2014

Elder Kern and Teaching with the Youth (Elder Nate Schwartz)

Dear Family,  

This is probably going to be a really short email.  I hope that's alright.
It's great to hear that everything is going so well back at home.  It sounds like you all had a really busy week!  But I loved hearing that you had such a great stake conference.  It's always fun being able to hear from general authorities.  And the Dolls are coming back to Chile!  Best decision they´ve ever made!

This week was good, but nothing really too out of the ordinary to write about.  We had to teach our monthly zone class on Wednesday, and President and Hna Wright paid a surprise visit to observe how Elder Sercovich and I do it.  That was a little nerve racking at first, but it ended up being a really really good class with lots of fun, and lots of participation.  Elder Sercovich and I also had our meeting with President Wright and the stake president on Wednesday night -- those are always fun, especially because we have a really really cool stake president.

On Saturday I went on divisions with Elder Kern -- he is a newer Elder in the zone, but it was cool because it met his older brother when I was in the MTC, as he is a teacher there.  It was really cool to find that connection -- it's a small world after all! (cue the music).  It was a really good division.  Elder Kern has 6 months in the mission and feels like he is struggling with the language, and it was SO WEIRD helping him with that.  It was this weird deja vu moment, because I felt like I was asking my leaders the same thing just yesterday.  It was so weird for me being the "helper" for someone who is struggling with the language, because I remember so vividly being the one asking for help.  ANYWAYS.  It was a really good division, we had a ton of fun together, and Elder Kern is a really dedicated missionary and a powerful teacher -- I really did learn a lot from him.  

We also spent a couple of days with the youth in the ward doing visits.  On Tuesday we spent the whole day with a joven (young man) named Byron.  He is going to be an awesome missionary when he leaves in December.  We spent Friday with a kid named Gabriel.  They were both great, and it was a lot of fun working with them.  We found some new investigators together and taught some really good lessons.

It's really really hot here in Chile right now.  Just so everyone knows -- also, I am sunburnt.  So just think about that when youre walking around with your sweaters and scarves.  I love you all so much.  Thank you all for your love and support and prayers.  I know that the Church is true, and that Christ is our Savior, and that only through Him, through His example, atonement, and gospel can we be with our families forever and enjoy the fullness of the blessings that our Heavenly Father has prepared for us.

Have a great week!
xoxox,
Elder Schwartz

No comments:

Post a Comment