Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Yes, A New Companion....Elder Vargas

With Elder Vargas in front of the Temple
My beloved Family and Friends,

First off, HAPPY FATHER'S DAY, DAD!!!!! I hope that your father's day was awesome and that you had a lot of wonderful memories!  Unfortunately, Father's day doesn't get the same treatment as Mother's day here in the mission, so the Skype sesh, will have to wait until Christmas.  But I'm glad that you guys had a good week, and that everyone is staying busy with your various activities and such.  It sounds like Nate is staying busy in the MTZ which is good to hear.  RM's gotta stay busy. 

So I guess that you guys want to know what happened at transfers.  Elder Barreto got transferred to another zone here in São Paulo and he's a zone leader there. My new companion's name is Elder Vargas and he's from Goiania, Goias and he's a freaking boss, and I freaking love him.  Our house also changed up a little bit.  Elder Camarena left and Elder Ramirez is training a new missionary named Elder Ballestero that's from Columbia. The zone changed up a little bit too, but I'm super excited about this upcoming transfer. Vanilde and Antonio's wedding is this Thursday and the baptism of Camilla and Vanilde will be right after the wedding.  They had their interviews yesterday and they are super prepared.

We also had a really cool ward activity this week. It was a "festa junina" which is a type of cultural party that they have with diffrent little activities and food and such.  A lot of our investigators and less active members were there.  Paulo even brought a lot of family members and friends.  In our lesson with him this week he asked what he needed to do to be able to baptize people.  We told him that he needed the priesthood first and for that he needed to have an interview with the Bishop. He wants to baptize everyone on the street so we got him marked (scheduled) with Bishop for an interview this week to recieve the Aaronic priesthood. (Oh, and I told Paulo that you guys would most likely come to pick me up, so he already marked for us to all have lunch together on that Sunday. He also said if you guys need a place to stay, you can stay at his place).

So here it's been both crazy and normal for the World Cup. During the days where Brazil is playing, we have to go home at about the time of the game and we can't leave that night, but for the rest of the games we are working normally.  I'm stoked that my teams are doing good. USA (of course), Brazil, and Germany. If any one of them wins I'll be happy. I tell everyone here that I'm cheering for the United States to win it all just to mess with everyone, cuz it probably won't happen, but hey, who knows what could happen.  

Anyways, I'm going to have to sign off here, but just know that I'm stoked to still be in this ward. I know that I'm here for a reason and that there is someone out here who needs me and I'm going to do my best to fufill my purpose here. I know that this is Christ's true Church and H
e is the one that leads it. I know that we have a living prophet today and that he receive's revelation directly from Him. I know that this is His work and that He loves each and everyone of us. I love you guys and I'll talk to you guys next week!

Love,
Elder Schwartz

Town decorated for World Cup

Elder Vargas and Elder Schwartz

Elder Ballestero, Elder Vargas, Elder Schwartz and Elder Ramirez
Our Focus


No comments:

Post a Comment