Sunday, March 2, 2014

Divisions With Elder Osbon



I am sorry that these past few emails have been so dang short...... Elder Sercovich is in his final days here in the mission, so our ´´to-do list´´ on p-days has been really long lately..... hopefully, you don't mind too much.

Elder Sercovich is doing great -- he is not trunky (overly ready to go home) at all actually.  He is a really good example for me -- I want to end my mission the way that Elder Sercovich is ending his.  Karolina is doing well.  She wasn't able to go to church on Sunday :/ but we were able to visit with her during the week with one of her member friends, and the Alfaro family too.  It's good to hear that everyone is staying busy, and I am so excited to hear about Ana's mission call -- I know that she is going to be doing great things back east, and that she is very prepared to be a successful missionary.  

This week was very nice -- we had some service activities.  We helped a family move houses, and we are helping a less active member remodel her house, so we spent two mornings this week doing that.  We were able to teach a good number of lessons, and we had district class, which was great.  We have been leaving a lot and doing divisions with youth in the ward, and this week is the last week of their summer vacation, so we need to use them as much as we can before school starts up again!  Elder Sercovich and I ate a ton this week, but I am sure that you noticed that from the photos -- they are feeding us so much here, but you know me, I'm not one to complain.  MY highlight of the week was the opportunity that I had to go on divisions with Elder Osbon, one of the newer Elders in the zone.  It was so cool going on divisions with him because:  1. He started out his mission in Geronimo....that's right, THE Geronimo, the same sector that I started the mission in.  So we talked and talked and talked about Geronimo days -- the people, the food, everything, and that was really cool, and 2. Elder Osbon is just an awesome missionary in general and we got along really well.  He has about 6 months in the mission and he is from Michigan, but he is a great teacher and speaks really well.  He is a well rounded guy and he is trying to improve every day, and he had a really nice energy about him, and that energy helped me out a lot.  I learned a lot from Elder Osbon, and I am really happy that we got to do divs and that he is in this zone.  

Thank you all for your love and support and prayers and everything.  I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior, that He knows each of us perfectly and loves us all individually  There is a really cool scripture in Matthew (ch. 11) that I read this week;  it's really well known, but I want to share it anyways because it helped me out during a little rough patch that I went through this past week. 

28 aCome unto me, all ye that blabour and are heavy laden, and I will give you crest.
 29 Take my ayoke upon you, and blearn of me; for I am cmeekand dlowly in eheart: and ye shall find frest unto your souls.
 30 For my yoke is aeasy, and my burden is light. 
I love you all so much, Have an excellent week!

xoxoxox,


Elder Schwartz
Blurry Kitty

Bowling

Dinner and Correlation Meeting

Divisions


Elder Sercovich going "Gangsta"

More Yummy Food...

Pizza with Ivan

Look at those "Guns"

No comments:

Post a Comment