Monday, February 10, 2014

Drought in Brazil?

Zona Sul

Dear Family!

It's good to hear that you guys finally got some rain!  We've actually been having the same problem over here. It's supposed to be raining and it hasn't rained for the past two weeks and it is super hot!  People have been saying that they might start rationing the water for the city but I doubt that's gonna happen. We're probably going to be getting some pretty sweet storms out here this upcoming week. But it's good to hear that everything is going well with you guys back home.  So the transfer has ended, and Elder Watt and I are going to be staying together for another one and I'm super pumped. 

So this past week went well for us. So, unfortunately Luana and Kleber started up college again and traveled this past weekend, so we weren't able to see them this week but we're going to keep trying with them. This week we had the mission leadership council, which is always really inspiring.  We got trained on helping our investigators to attend church and also how to ask inspired questions.  Basically, both are areas that I have been feeling a need to work on, so it was perfect.  The next day Elder Watt and I passed this along to our zone and gave a training on what we learned at the council.  This week we met a lot of good people and had a lot of really good lessons.  Elder Watt and I have been really trying to show our faith to the Lord this past week by talking to as many people as we can on the streets.  There's a promise in Preach My Gospel that says that if we strive to do that, the Lord will bless us.  So that's been our focus this week and we are beginning to see the blessings come. We have been finding people that are really receptive to the gospel and we're gonna be able to help them this upcoming transfer by preparing them to make covenants with God through baptism. This week, we also did a division. I went with Elder Frost (one of the Elders that lives with us) into his area. It was a really good division and they have a lot of good things going in their area. He's a really good missionary and he's also going to be a zone leader next transfer, so he's gonna do some big things. This week we also finally got to see Augusto again after all of his traveling, and it turns out that we won't be able to baptize him because he lives outside our mission boundaries, BUT he can still go to our ward, so that will be good. 

Other than that, this week has been pretty much the same routine.  But I'm feeling like this February is our month. We are going to work a lot of miracles here in Cidade Leornor. I'm glad to hear that everything is going great with you guys at home.  I pray for you guys always.  I know that God lives and that he loves each one of us.  I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and that His church is here on the Earth today.  I love you all and I hope you all have a good week!

Love,
Elder Schwartz

No comments:

Post a Comment