Monday, November 4, 2013

Halloween and New CompanionI

Ward Halloween Activity

My New Companion?
With Hermano Soto at the activity
It's a Mi -- Mario!
Dear Family,

Well, it sure sounds like you all had a wonderful week!  Looks like halloween was a blast and that you are all doing a great job keeping busy.  We are in November now!  I can hardly believe it!  Time is going by so fast!

Well, today was a kind of weird day for me because I had to say goodbye to my dear friend Elder Sandoval -- he is probably at the airport right now..... So, his farewell stuff took up a very large majority of the week.  He had lots of meetings to go to and what not.  I tried to get out of it as much as I could by going on divisions with Elder Zarate.  We spent a lot of time together this week, and that was fun.  

This week we had our monthly leadership meeting with President Wright, which was great like always.  Those meetings are lots of fun because I get to see my friends from the MTC, and La Florida and all parts of the mission!  We also had to do apartment inspections at the end of the week, and I was very pleased to see that everyone in the zone does a really good job keeping their pension neat and tidy.  On Sunday we had the farewell devotional thing (for departing missionaries like Elder Sandoval) on the temple grounds.  That was a weird experience, as it was the first time I had ever been to one because this is the first time that I have ever been with a missionary who is finishing the mission.  It was so sad!  Everyone was crying and stuff.  I don't want this mission to end. Seriously, they all looked so torn apart!  It was nice for me though because I got to see Elder Sanchez, and I got to see lots of people from Chiloé too, so that was pretty cool.

I saw Elder Sanchez at the Temple Grounds

I met my new companion today, Elder Sercovich, but don't let his last name fool you -- he is actually from Perú!  That's right, my 3rd Peruvian companion in the mission!  Ahaha, but I get along really well with the peruvians, so I am totally stoked to be with him.  I actually met him a little while ago in a zone conference, so it was cool when we found out that we were going to be companions,  He goes home at the end of January.

Claudio and Mercedez are both doing really well.  Basically, Mercedez`s whole family came to the ward activity that we had on Wednesday to celebrate Halloween, so that was really cool.  And we visited with Claudio two days ago, and he is doing very well.  

I am really excited for this upcoming week and to be able to work with Elder Sercovich.     I know that we are going to have a really good time here together.  I know that we are doing the Lord's work and sharing with the people here in Chile about His restored gospel.  I know that He guides our steps and that if anyone wants His guidance in their lives, all they have to do is look for it.  Thank you all so much for your love and support and prayers and everything.  I really can feel your support holding me up and giving me strength.

I love you all, keep being great!
until next week!

Elder Schwartz

Some more pics....

World's Greatest Zone
Hermana Hardman

No comments:

Post a Comment