Monday, July 1, 2013

Transfers??????

Goodbye Elder Smith



Our latest email from Elder Nate Schwartz arrived today:

Hey everyone!  

Firstly, its great to hear that we had some family (Clark and Bonnie and her daughters) over to visit.  I seriously can not beleive that it's July all over again.  I have been here in Chile for almost a whole year!  How crazy is that!?  From the photos it looks like everyone is doing well, and its good to hear that mom is doing okay with the operation and everything.  She is strong.  I'm not too worried.  

Yes, changes (transfers) happened, and yes I am STAYING, but that's really not a huge surprise.  I feel like I am going to be here for a while though.  Elder Packer and I are staying as companions, which i am happy about because we work well together, and Elder Smith is on an airplane right now, and the newest member of the Chiloe group is Elder Bills, who is a really cool guy, very down to earth.  He is going to be a great zone leader and roommate.  

This week, like almost every other went really fast -- lots of things happened.  I'll try to hit the highlights:

On Saturday Elder Packer and I had a lesson with Hmo Ponce and Alex and President Wright!  That was really cool, and we talked about sacrifice.  We shared the story of Abraham and Isaac and talked about the importqance of making personal sacrifices today, and why the Lord asks us to do it.  I feel like it helped both Alex and Hno Ponce out a lot because they both have lots of hoops to jump through, addictions to break, and other good stuff.  They are both growing and doing really well.  One of the coolest parts of being a missionary is seeing the growth that happens in other people's lives.

Another really cool thing that happened this week was that on Sunday during Sacrament meeting, Elder Packer and I were able to give a baby blessing to the grand daughter of a less active sister who we have been teaching for the past several weeks.  That was a really really cool experience.  

On Tuesday I gave my last district class of the change, and we went around the room and each missionary shared one thing that they learned over the course of the change and it was a WAY GOOD class.  I loved listening to those missionaries share their thoughts and feelings and experiences of things that have happenned in their lives over the last six weeks.  

I am very thankful to be able to be here, in this mission, in this ward.  I am learning so much, from watching changes happen in the lives of others, and as well in my own life.  I know that the message that Andrew and I are sharing is true, and it is such a blessing to have in our lives.  Thank you so much for all of your love and prayers and letters and kind words and thoughts and everything!  They are definitely heard and felt!  I love you all so much!  Until next week!


with love,
Elder Schwartz

Chiloe

Winter in the Andes


No comments:

Post a Comment