Monday, June 10, 2013

"Chile" Dogs

Chile Dogs

Elder Nate Schwartz's latest email is below.  He loves hearing from you all.....


Dear Everyone,
 
Love it.  Love it, love it love it.  It seems like everyone is doing so well!  Andrew looks great with his mission president and all, and the baptism (cousin Jack) looks like it was a great time, and mom, WOW, that car is amazing!  Congratulations!  So much cool stuff is going on!  Didn't gratuation just happen this week, too!?!?!  WHERE IS THE TIME GOING?  I really can not believe that it has been 2 years since my high school graduation!  I am SO OLD!  Phil with the liberty bell, classic!  ALSO:  Elder Smith (the zone leader who is from Idaho) told me that the missionaries in the Pocatello mission gain A TON OF WEIGHT, so make sure lil' Elder Andrew is doing his daily exercises!
 
This week went by too fast!    Firstly, no, Jose didn't get baptized this week..... we are working on it though.  I am not losing my faith on this one; Jose NEEDS to be baptized, he is too cool.  This week we are going to continue working on sorting that out.  Other cool things that happenned this week.... We had zone class on Tuesday.  Elder Schade and Elder Smith taught it, and it was really good.  It helped me out a lot recognizing the needs of our zone and district and what we need to do to improve.  The district is doing really well.  Seriously, the Elders and Hermanas in my district are AWESOME!  Alex and Caroline actually went out today to look for their marraige date at the "registro civil", but we have a meeting with them tonight, so I'll keep you posted on that.  We just got our Ward Mission Leader this week.  I don´t know him too well yet, but he seems like a really good guy.  His name is Hermano Chupana and he is from Peru; and hello I had two peruvian companions, so I think we are going to get along well.  Elder Packer and I had the opportunity to give a blessing to the dying mother of one of our investigators this week.  Actually, it was a really special experience; none of them were members, and the mother couldn't even talk, but there was a special spirit in the room with us and her family around her bed.  In my first week here we met a family, the Ibarra family, and we have been teaching them over the past few weeks.  Well, the Hna Ibarra came to church yesterday, so that was awesome.  Elder Packer and I had seven investigators with us in church this past Sunday -- WHAT A BLESSING!  Elder Packer is a really good, really hard worker, and as a companionship we have been doing really well together.  This week I was able to go on divisions (splits - switching companions) with Elder Romero (an Elder from my district) and I went to his sector, Barrio Cordillera.  That was a really good time; he is a great missionary.  It was really weird for me to do divisions in a leadership position though.  I am still trying to get used to the whole District Leader thing.  It's a big adjustment, but my district is really good and supportive, so that's helping me out a lot.  Today we met up with a few other Elders in the zone and played basketball, I wrote a few letters, and we went to walmart.  It was a really relaxing day, and now I am ready to go out and work!  I just want you all to know how much I love you all and that everything out here in Chile is going swimmingly.  I know that the Church is true, that we really do have a Heavenly Father who loves us and wants the best for us, and I am so thankful for the opportunity that I have to spread His message with the people around me.  Stay sweet, and until next week,
Elder Schwartz

Beating Cristofer

Chilean "Water"






No comments:

Post a Comment