Monday, April 1, 2013

Waffle Family Home Evening!!!


We had a fun Family Night making waffles.  Love those waffles!

Elder Schwartz's latest email below:


Dear Family, friends, everyone!

Wow the week flew!  I find out about changes THIS SATURDAY, so maybe my next letter will be from a different location........ I am thinknig that I am going to stay one more change here in Geronimo, but who knows, really anything can happen.  I am just trying my best not to think or worry about it.  TIME FLYS SO FAST!  I feel like I was JUST celebrating my birthday, and here it is again.... I'm getting so old.  Easter was great.  It is way bigger here because everyone is Catholic, so it was a week long event.  But Sunday was great, really peaceful.  Elder Garcia gave a really good talk on the Atonement.  Eduardo blessed the sacrament, but only about 80 people came to church, which is about a little more than half of the usual crowd.  I guess they all went elsewhere to celebrate Pasqua.  But it's all good; we have SO MUCH chocolate in our pension right now, so I am happy.

This week went by really well.  Sadly, I don't have my journal with me so I can't remember all of the details, but I think that the highlight of the week was when we did a temple tour with Eduardo and his girlfriend, and Paulina and her kids.  It was super cool.  The Sister Missionaries did a really good job leading the tour.  I hardly ever get to go to the temple, so it was just nice to walk around on the grounds fo a little while.  Even though I didnt get to go in, it just feels good being there.




A little over a week ago, we had a really cool meeting with President Wright and he talked about Easter a little  He shared this really cool scripture in D&C 138, verses 12-15.  (Here are the verses: 
12 And there were gathered together in one place an innumerable company of the spirits of the just, who had been faithful in the testimony of Jesus while they lived in mortality;
 13 And who had offered sacrifice in the similitude of the great sacrifice of the Son of God, and had suffered tribulation in their Redeemer’s name.
 14 All these had departed the mortal life, firm in the hope of a glorious resurrection, through the grace of God the Father and his Only Begotten Son, Jesus Christ.
 15 I beheld that they were filled with joy and gladness, and were rejoicing together because the day of their deliverance was at hand)     He explained that how a lot of times during the Easter season, people get caught up in all of the pain and the misery and the sadness that happenned during the last days of Christ's earthly ministry -- His suffering in Gethsemane and especially his abandonment and suffering on the cross.  But President Wright went on to explain that during this exact same time that all of this tragic stuff was happening in Jerusalem, something else important was happening in a different place.  Those verses in D&C go on to explain that during Christ´s suffering on the cross, the people in the Spirit world were rejoicing, that they were preparing themselves to be freed and to receive the blessings of the gospel and of eternal life.  It was just such an interesting thought for me, that in one perspective, such as the perspective of the people weeping at Christs feet, those last moments of Christs life were absolutly dreadful, unbearable, but the same action, in a different place was being celebrated.  I'm not sure why I included that, but it was just something really cool that I learned.

Well family, I am really really REALLY tired.  We woke up early today and spent the WHOLE DAY in the mountains hiking, and I am beat.  It was a lot of fun though, and I will be sure to include some pictures, but i am going to cut this letter here because i am drrrrrrrrrrrained!  I love you all so much.  Thank you for all of your thoughts and prayers.  The Church is true!  

Until next week,
with love,

Elder Schwartz

Waterfall

With Elder Garcia

With Elder Sanchez

Up in the mountains....


No comments:

Post a Comment