Monday, April 8, 2013

Conference Weekend!




Here is Elder Schwartz's latest email home.  He does appreciate all your support.  Send him a short note if you get a chance.

Elder Nathaniel Schwartz
Chile Santiago EAST Mission
Cristobal Colón 6824
Las Condes, Casilla 27.144
Santiago, Región Metropolitana
Chile




Dear Family.

It's so great to hear that you all had such a fun weekend in Southern California.  And it's always great to hear that the Giants beat those dirty Dodgers (sorry mom...).  It's so hard to beleive that Andrew is leaving in just two and a half weeks!  How crazy is that!  Time flies so fast.  Well, I bet that you´re all just dying to hear about what happenned for changes........ drumroll............................. I´M STAYING!!!!!!  I have one change left here in Geronimo.  I am still training Elder Sanchez, which I am really thankful for, and Elder Garcia and Elder Henderson are staying too!  I am pleased as punch.  This is going to be my 8th change here in Geronimo.  I am now the only missionary in the mission who has been in a sector for this long, and I am SO thankful for the opportunity that I have to do so.  The mission is 16 changes long, so I will be spending half of my time in the field here in this sector. Crazy, huh?

GENERAL CONFERENCE WAS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!  I was able to watch all of the five sessions, in english!  It was sweet as all of us missionaries had a room to ourselves, and we all bought snacks and just watched and watched for hours and hours.  I think that my favorite talk had to have been the one by L. Tom Perry about obedience.  That obedience brings liberty into our lives, what a powerful message!  It was a great spiritual boost to have been able to pass the last two days listening to the voice of the Lord through his chosen prophets.  I know that what they shared with us this past weekend was exactly what Christ wanted us to hear.  And is it just me, or did they talk "A TON" about missionary work?  It was amazing!  Listen to Russel M. Nelson and ´´Catch the Wave´´!  (Links to videos of these talks are below.)



This week went by really well, and really fast too!  We had a few realy golden lessons this week that were really fun.  The first was the pass-off of Fernando Cabello to Elder Garcia and Elder Henderson.  It was a really spiritual lesson, and I know that Elder Henderson and Elder Garcia are the right missionaries for him and his family.  I have faith that they are going to do big things with him.  Infact, Fernando Came to General Conference with us, so they are already doing big things with him!  Also, there is a returned sister missionary who just returned to our ward, and she is helping us out a TON!  Elder Sanchez and I were able to have a really good family home evening about prophets with her and her brothers and their girlfriends, and it went really well.  A few of them were able to make it to General Conference too.  
Family Home Evening with Lincos family

Also, I am not sure if you guys remember Rodrigo from a while back?  HE is the guy who found the church through the advertisement on Facebook.  Well, we had a SWEET lesson with him, too, on the plan of salvation.  It just kinda clicked, and he is reading and progressing, and I don't want to count the chickens before they hatch, but I can very well see him being baptized this change.  He´s amazing!  We had a few other lessons too, but Elder Sanchez and I have still been using a lot of our time with the area book, looking through the old investigators and converts and working with them.  We have been having some success, but we are spending as lot more time than usual out in the street.  I know it'll pay off, well, I think it will, at least.

Today Elder Henderson and I woke up bright and early and played some basketball with the missionaries in the zone, and even though I am the worst shooter by far, it was still a really good time.  And now we are here at the mall, and when I get finished here,  am going to send some cards :)  No, i did not get the package...... but my fingers are crossed for Wednesday.  I really cannot beleive that it's my birthday again!  It's just so weird to think that i am going to be 20 soon...... I really liked being a teenager, but oh well, life moves on, and you really cant do anything about it.  I love you all.  I am praying for you, and I can't wait to hear from you all again soon!  The Church is true!

with love,

Elder Schwartz


Whole Zone.  Elder Bahr is next to me 
Whole Zone minus one

No comments:

Post a Comment