Monday, January 14, 2013

New Mission Office Address

Walking with Elder Garcia
Below is Elder Schwartz's latest email and some photos from Christmas and later.  Please note his mailing address has changed.  The new one is in the body of the email.



Dear Family and all!

Thank you so much for the photos, Pops.  I really do love them.  They're funny and great and make me feel like I'm not all that far away from home.  Just so you know, I'm saving some of them to my camera chip and then getting them printed out because the ward members and investigators love seeing them, especially photos of the house, and Martinez and San Francisco.  It's completely different than the world down here in Chile.  Speaking of San Francisco, GOOOOOOO NINNNNNEEEEERRRRRRSSSSSS!!!!!!  There is a guy in my ward named Marco Reyes, and he is a returned missionary who served in Argentina.  He learned English almost perfectly from his companions, and he is HUGE and plays football, so he is giving me all of the updates too..... I have a feeling its going to be the Harbowl this year, Ravens vs Niners.  Be sure to get me a shirt when the Niners win ;D  Oh, and mom!  Thank you so much for sending the package.  I haven't gotten it yet, but I'm looking forward to it.  Speaking of packages, IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT:  The mission office is changing locations because they are using the old office for the new MTC here in Chile. They had to make room for all of the gringos coming in, so the kicked us out..... basically that means that MY MAIL ADDRESS HAS CHANGED EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY.  MAKE SURE THAT THE WORLD KNOWS.  MY NEW ADDRESS IS:

Elder Nathaniel Schwartz
Chile Santiago EAST Mission
Cristobal Colón 6824
Las Condes, Casilla 27.144
Santiago, Región Metropolitana
Chile

So, please make sure the people know that.  For the most part, this week went by really smoothly, even though there are still a lot of people out of town vacationing, and that makes it a little harder to find people to visit.  All in all, Elder Garcia and I are still doing pretty well finding people to teach.  The highlight of this week hands down was the lesson that we had with Eduardo on Wednesday night, because he accepted the invitation to be baptized on Febuary 3rd!!!!!!  I am 96% positive that Febuary 3rd is going to be my last Sunday in this sector and we are all really excited.  I actually just got off the phone with Eduardo 45 minutes ago, and he is still doing really well.  We have a family home evening planned with him tonight!  On Sunday night we had another family home evening with the Jara family, but this time with a different investigator, Natalia.  She is the fiancé of a member of the ward, and seriously, the Jara family are such studs.  The family home evening went really well -- they were great; it was like it was from a movie or something.  We are going to continue teaching Natalia when we can, but things are a little complicated for her and Jose right now, seeing how their wedding is in just a month!  

Eduardo

This week I got a really cool letter from Hma. Rachel Schwartz, my distant sister serving in the Mesa Arizona Mission. (Actually that is Phil's friend from BYU with the same last name).  She included this really cool quote talking about how the mission, is the MTC of our lives.  That it is prepping us for the real world, how to live and how to apply gospel principles in our lives.  That idea was really cool, and I really liked it.  And on Sunday, my Elder´s Quorum President Adrian Gonzalez and Hmo. Barrientos spoke, and they both talked about the influence that the mission had on their lives.  That really helped me to understand that I am not just serving my mission for now, but for the future too.  I hadn't really thought about that before.  Uhhhhmmmmm, what else?  Oh, Hma. Chechi made me eat half of a watermelon and I though that I was going to explode.  I'll try to attach a photo if I can.

Watermelon

The week ended last night at Hma. Edith and Daniel's house.  Daniel turned 22 years old, so he had a really cool dinner with his family and they invited us too, and it was super sweet.  I had the opportunity to talk to Daniel´s older brother, who served his mission in Salt Lake City, so we talked in English. That was really cool, especially when he told me about how much it meant to him and all of his family that Elder Garcia and I are helping out his little brother.  It feels great to be appreciated.

Oh, and last week, i said that I may be coming home three weeks later..... that might not be true..... I might actually be coming home three weeks earlier, so I can go to Spring semester of BYU.... I know that is forever away from now, but I'm getting emails from the AP's and the office elders, and they're trying to make us decide soon for some reason.  I'm going to talk with president when I can and keep you posted.... but I don't really like thinking that much about coming home......... :D

And pretty much that was my week in a nutshell.  Sorry that it wasn't as long or detailled as last weeks. I really didn't do that good of a job writing in my journal this week, but something is better than nothing, right ? :D

I love you all.  I'm praying for you all, and i miss you all! The church is true!  
con mucho amor,
Elder Schwartz

P.S.  I saw this really good mormon message today, so if you want to post it on my blog, please do...

Top Dog

Christmas


Computer time 

Dinner



Singing



No comments:

Post a Comment