Monday, January 28, 2013

Summer in Chile....Hot!

Here is Elder Schwartz's address in Chile.  Please send him a note if you get a chance.  Below is his latest email home and some photos from the last few weeks:


Elder Nathaniel Schwartz
Chile Santiago EAST Mission
Cristobal Colón 6824
Las Condes, Casilla 27.144
Santiago, Región Metropolitana
Chile


Dear Mom, Dad, Family, and Friends,

Hiya!

Whelp.... It was an interesting week to say the least.  We are still getting hit with the difficulties of the vacation season, but it's predicted that everything is going to go back to its normal pace this coming week as the members, less active members, and investigators start going back to work and their regular routines. Dad, IT IS SO HOT HERE!  It's hot and it's dry.  I'm getting nose bleeds left and right! (but I haven't ruined any of my white shirts yet).  It's rough stuff.  Last Monday it was overcast, so I decided not to use any sunscreen..... BIG MISTAKE.  My arms and my neck got charred!  Fortunately, a lot of members here have aloe vera plants, so they showed me how to cut them the right way to extract the goo on the inside, and I've been using that to ease the pain.  But other than nosebleeds, sunburns, and a lack of lessons, everything is great!  

We find out about changes (transfers) this coming Saturday night, and in all honesty, I'm super nervous about going, but I think that I'm going to stay here in Geronimo.  The next change is only three weeks long, because the mission is getting two groups of missionaries in February.  I think that I am going to spent Febuary here in Geronimo, but after that, I'll probably ship out, but that's just what I think; anything can happen.

Eduardo is still doing really well.  He's prepared for his baptism.  It has been such a blessing to see the ways that this gospel has changed his life in just a couple short months.  He is going to be a really great addition to this ward, and the members are helping him out and supporting him so well!  He has friends and he feels really comfortable in the ward here.  They really did an amazing job taking him under their wing.  I'm really looking forward to this Sunday, and not just because the 49ers are going to win the Superbowl, but because Eduardo is moving one huge step closer to our Heavenly Father.  I almost forgot to mention that this past Tuesday Eduardo came to our district class, and told our class about his conversion and answered questions.  It was SO SWEET, and we took some photos. 






Mail this week!  My zone is so mad at me for all of the mail that I get.... aha.  This Tuesday I got another package from Grandma (with the Giants shirt), AND a package from Uncle Jamie and the family with MY Brazil 2014 shirt. (I'll try to attach some photos.)  Mom, I still haven't gotten your package yet, but I have a feeling that Ill get it tomorrow.  Oh, and I got a WAY GOOD letter from my teacher from the MTC, Hmo. Brown, one of my heroes.

Thanks, Grandma!

Thanks, James and Diane, and Family!
Hey, now we ALL match!
Daniel and Edith are doing really well, also.   We had a lesson with them on Thursday, and we also talked with them for a while on Tuesday before his interview with the bishop!  He is now starting the long road of getting ready to serve a mission!  THE CHURCH IS TRUE PEOPLE!  It's changing lives left and right, and it has been such an honor for me to see it happen in this sector.  Hma. Julia is still doing well.  We actually taught a lesson to her son Rashid, ALONE, and that was some big progress, because when we started visiting them, he would leave because he hated the church.  But little by little, he's been warming up to us and now we are getting to some real progress.

With Edith and Daniel

These have been an amazing past seven months here in this sector.  I'm trying my best to keep my head up and my focus centered, and finish out these final weeks strong.  Thank you all so much for your love and for your support.  I know that we have a Heavenly Father who loves us and wants the best for us.  I know the church is true.  I love you, and I'm praying for you.  Stay safe, Stay you!

until next week!

Elder Schwartz

Basketball

more b-ball

District class

Fun in elevators!

No comments:

Post a Comment