Friday, July 13, 2012

Last Few Days in the MTC and some photos

The latest letter from Elder Schwartz and a link to the photos he sent:
 
Buenas Tardes!
 
This is going to be one of my shorter letters because I have so much stuff that I need to do before I depart of CHILE!!!!!!!!  I am so excited!
 
Yesterday I had this all day event called "In-field Orientation" which in all honesty I thought was going to be really boring and redundant, BUT to my pleasant suprise, it was actually really spiritually uplifting.  I learned a ton, and it got me WAY WAY excited to get out in the field.  It was a huge seminar for all of the missionaries leaving and then every so often we would break up into smaller "breakout sessions" and have a more interactive lesson taught by the missionaries from "The District 2" which was super super cool.  I talked with a guy who served in the Santiago West mission and he told my that my mission is the smallest proselyting mission in the world!  I don't know if that's 100% true or not but it's pretty dang small.  Also during In-field orientation a Sister missionary hunted me down and it turns out that her and I and Elder Jones were the 3 that went through the temple together in Oakland, so that was pretty cool.  Her name is sister Laporte and she's serving at Temple Square. 
 
 



  
The 4th of July in the MTC was AMAZING!  We had this special devotional/fireside thing with a bunch of songs and performances, we played games, had ice cream and they even extended our bed-time to 11:30 to watch the stadium of fire fireworks!  My district had an amazing spot in the parking lot where we could hear the Beach Boys singing and see the fireworks perfectly!  A bunch of guys from my district got cool fun party stuff sent to them so we had Martinellis and poppers and glo-sticks; very fun.  My first 4th of July on the mission way surpassed my expectations!  Which is great because i don't think I'll be celebrating it next year in Chile....
 
Flight plan: We leave from SLC at nine thirty to LAX, where we have a 3 hour layover.  From LAX we go straight to Chile Santiago, a 14 hour flight, YIKES!,  but I am so excited!   
I sent home a package yesterday with a memory card full of fun pictures.
 
Sorry that I have to cut this short, but I just have SO MUCH to do before Monday morning! (We leave the MTC at 6am).  I love you all, and I'm praying for you all.  Thank you so much for your love and support!  Please thank granma for the rocky-road, it was a HUGE hit on my floor!  I'm glad to hear that everyrthing is well in Martinez!  Keep on being amazing, the next letter you receive will be from CHILE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
xoxox
Elder Schwartz
 
There are lots more photos from Elder Schwartz's second half of his MTC stay. Click here to see Elder Schwartz's fun pics from the MTC

No comments:

Post a Comment