Monday, August 12, 2013

Soccer Tournament and New Home

Elder Schwartz in the new place with his favorite soda, "Guarana"


Dear Everyone!
 
It´s good to hear that everything is going well and that you guys had an exciting week.  We had a great week here in Planalto -- a lot of good stuff happened, but I don´t have much time, so I´ll try to give you all of the highlights.
 
First, we weren´t able to have a baptism this week as planned, but if everything goes well, we will have four baptisms this next week! We plan to baptize Joivani (I think that´s how it´s spelled) Joel, and for sure we will be baptizing Erica and Carlos, who are getting married in the chapel this Saturday and baptized on Sunday.  This week some pretty cool stuff happened.  Elder Watt and I had been planning a soccer tournament that we held last Thursday at our chapel for all in the area who wanted to play.  We have been trying to get the chapel more open for people who aren´t members, and this tournament was perfect for that.  We had 25 kids show up and they all loved it.  A family even came to watch their kids play, and we had a fantastic discussion with them about the gospel, and they gave us their phone number so we can talk with them more.  We are planning to hold another tournament this Thursday and we´re expecting to have more people there.  We´re trying to make this thing HUGE!
I guess the other big news from this week was that we moved!  We got kicked out of our last apartment because the owners changed, and the new owner didn´t want us there.  I guess he wants a business there instead.  We got help from a few members of the ward, and we were able to move into our new house. I`ll be sure to put in some pictures.
 
Sorry this letter´s kind of short, but I´m running out of time.  I love all you guys!  Thanks for all of your love and support.  I know that this work that Nate and I are doing is the Lord´s work.  I know that this gospel blesses lives and brings pure and everlasting happiness.  I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is His church on the Earth, with His authority.  I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and that Joseph Smith was truly called to be a prophet.  I love you all! 

Until next week! 
Elder Schwartz

New Home

Love the floor

Home, Sweet, Brazilian Home!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment