Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Elder Schwartz and Elder Garcia

Elder Schwartz has sent us a nice email and some great photos from Santiago.  The email starts just below:

Sorry but this one is going to be super short because it took me forever to figure out how to attach emails to pictures from this computer, but now I know so now I should be able to do it faster in the future.

WOW, THIS WAS AN AMAZING WEEK!  Its sad that I don't have enough time to write about everything and hit all of the details, but I will try my best.  The biggest thing that happenned this week was that President and Hermana Wright came to our house in Geronimo and had an hour of companion study with Elder Garcia and I, and an hour of companionship study with Elders Clyde and Miller.  It was an answer to our prayers.  They came to our study on Friday and on Thursday night we taught the law of chastity to one of our unmarried investigators, Carolina.  She lives with her boyfriend and has 3 kids, and she is not able to be baptized until she gets married and her novio isn't very fond of the idea.  Elder Garcia and I had no idea how we were going to get over that barrier, but President and Hermana Wright helped us out big time.  They are so smart and so loving and so cool; I like them more and more with every encounter I have with them.

This Thursday we had a zone meeting in the morning, and for our activity afterwards we had a knee wrestling competition.  I think you all can guess who won ;)  I sent a picture of it (below).  At the zone meeting i got my first letters from people from back home, from Arthur and Marissa, written on July 12th.  Geez, that was a long time ago, but it was awesome to hear from them. 


Elder Garcia and I are doing really well. (Photo of us below).  He is helping me A TON with my Spanish.  I still am having a hard time understanding a lot of it, but I am at the point where I am getting the idea of what they are saying, and I'm able to respond.  The people here talk SO FAST, but I love them nonetheless.  We have Almuerso (lunch, a big lunch) every day in a member family's home and thats been a lot of fun.  Elder Miller and I usually share the spiritual thought at the end.



Its so great to hear that all of the family is doing well, I hope you sent everyone my love!  Thank ou for the pictures; they made me smile.

Everything is great down here, the weather is starting to warm up which I'm really looking forward to.  I honestly can't beleive that I'm on week 4 already!  The time is flying so fast!  I know that this is the only true Church and I am so blessed to have had it in my life for my entire life.  There's a lot of people here that need those blessings and I am so excited to be the one who gets to share it with them.  I know that I am doing the Lord's work and that he is watching over me and protecting me, and is protecting you as well.  I promise a longer letter next week!
I love you all!

xoxo

Elder Schwartz

Click here to see other photos that Elder Schwartz sent along with his email.  Some are from the MTC in Provo and others from Santiago.

No comments:

Post a Comment