Saturday, May 12, 2012

MTC...at last!

On Wednesday, Elder Schwartz said good bye to brother Phil in Provo and entered the Missionary Training Center.  We finally heard from him today.  Some excerpts of his e-mail follow:

Hola mi familia!

     That's about all that I've learned in spanish so far... but thats fine because I have 9 weeks left to learn!  It's day four here at the the MTC and it already feels like home, it was amazing how quickly my zone took us new guys in under their wings and showed us their love and appreciation and care for us right off the bat!  As of right now I am in a 3-way companionship with Elder Matters from Wisconson (accent and everything..... he calls soda "pop")  but I love him nonetheless, and he will be my companion for the entire stay here at the MTC, and then there is also Elder Nelson, who is only going to be my companion for 3 weeks before he leaves for the MTC in Guatemala.  Last night we taught our first lesson in spanish and it was spectacular, I mean, my spanish was awful, but the experience was absolutly amazing, and the teachers here are spectacular.  Yes I am the only kid in my class with no spanish experience, but I'll catch on in no time.  
     Thank you all for your "Dearelder.com" messages.  It reallly is a nice treat to come home to letters from your family and friends at the end of a long day. 
     I know that I am in the right place and Heavenly Father has shown me that through numerous examples already.  Don't worry about me being happy or feeling comfortable here, because I truly am.  I love you all and thank you so much for your support, and love and affection.  It's been only 3 days and I've already grown so much; the MTC really is a place like no other.
     Sorry this letter was so short.  I promise a longer one next week!  There's just so much that my companieros and I have to get done!  I love you all and miss you all.  Send everyone my love!!!!

Elder Schwartz

Elder Schwartz will be sending us messages on Friday, so we'll try to get them posted here soon after.  He will be sending some pics by snail mail that we'll scan and post for you all.

Here is some contact info for him:

Elder Nathaniel Lee Schwartz
MTC Mailbox # 181
CHI-SATE 0710
2005 N 900 E
Provo, UT 84604-1793

or

register for a free account
You will need to enter some info:
Elder Nate Schwartz is going to Chile Santiago East mission and he will be in the MTC-Provo for the next 9 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment